Fire prevention in the data center
Fire protection in sensitive IT areas is a topic that more and more companies are facing.
Fires in data centers have devastating consequences and can mean the end of a company.
The solution: an innovative and reliable system for fire prevention in the server room
Advantages of a fire prevention system:
- The system ensures permanent protection in closed rooms by reducing oxygen
- The oxygen content is kept at a fixed level by controlled introduction of nitrogen
- In this atmosphere no fire can be created
- Areas protected by fire prevention remain accessible and guarantee an unhindered process flow
Areas of application
- IT facilities – data center
- electrical switch rooms
- archives (museum, data archives)
- BRODINGER IT security cells and server rooms
- automatic high-bay warehouse
or like here
- BRODINGER IT security container
Fire prevention in closed rooms
The oxygen content is kept at a fixed level by controlled
introduction of nitrogen. In this atmosphere no fire can
Areas protected by fire prevention remain accessible and
guarantee an unhindered process flow.
IT security server cabinet with fire prevention
This solution works on the same principle as fire prevention in rooms and offers advantages, among others:
By adding nitrogen, the oxygen content is reduced from almost 21% volume, which corresponds to the natural ambient air, to 15% volume. In this environment a combustion reaction is impossible for plastics. The nitrogen displaces the calculated part of the oxygen, thus creating a fire-safe atmosphere. For the majority of solids, 16% volume is sufficient to protect against fire.Since many plastics require 16% volume, the ambient air is reduced to 15% volume. Areas protected by fire prevention remain accessible and ensure an unhindered process flow.